The Australian Music Association is going through various forms of renewal and review, and having a discussion about each of its activities and priorities. Earlier this year Alex Masso took on the role of Executive Officer, while Rob Walker is continuing to work on projects. The committee is working with Alex through a number of projects including events, memberships, branding, and other activities.
The latest updates are:
- The AMA has a new logo! Say farewell to the map of Australia as a notehead on a quarter note, say hello to the new design adopted by the Executive Committee recently.
- Membership fees have increased by 5%, the first increase since 2019.
- Melbourne Guitar Show is going ahead on 4th-5th March 2023, registrations for exhibitors will open soon.
- The AMA is working on a series of member events to be held this year. Stay tuned for more details.
- The most recent Market Report was released in June and the AMA is considering a number of ways to make this reporting as useful as possible to members and reflect the current needs of the industry.
- The AMA has added to its list of member benefits this year, adding Arts Pay to our existing partners Officeworks, Marsh, Australian Musician, and others.
Something old, something new:
We would like to thank Helen Marx and Jay’C Rivera from Australis Music Group for their work on the AMA logo.