Virgin Australia is a proud supporter of the Australian music industry. Individual artists can now access a generous 64kg of checked baggage totalling 4 pieces of baggage when travelling domestically within Australia.
Members of eligible music organisations, including the Australian Music Association (and APRA AMCOS, MEAA, AMIN, PPCA, etc) can request the additional baggage allowance.
How to book
- Once you have booked a domestic flight with Virgin Australia, note your booking reference
- Email email@example.com with your booking reference number and Music Association Membership number a minimum of 2 Business days prior to travel. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your membership number)
- For group bookings of 10 or more guests, please contact Group Sales on 13 67 00 or email
Virgin Australia encourages eligible members to book flights via their current travel provider or travel agent. For those without a regular travel provider, Virgin Australia encourages you to book with a music industry or travel agency specialist including:
- Show Group – www.showgroup.com.au
- Stage and Screen – www.stageandscreen.travel
- Travel Beyond – www.travelbeyond.com.au
- The Appointment Group – www.appointmentgroup.com
In the event that booking via one of the above agencies is not an option, bookings can be made via www.virginaustralia.com
- No one piece of baggage can weigh more than 32kg while dimension limits also apply – please refer to www.virginaustralia.com/baggage for more information.
- Virgin Australia cannot guarantee that checked baggage or excess baggage will be uplifted as this is subject to aircraft loads. Requests to obtain music industry baggage must be made via email at least two or more business days prior to departure. Music Baggage allowance is permitted on Virgin Australia owned and operated domestic services only and is not applicable to flights operated by partner airlines. Music Industry baggage allowance is subject to the Virgin Australia Condition of Carriage at virginaustralia.com/au/en/about-us/legal-policies/conditions-of-carriage/.
- Any booking of 10 or more guests should be completed through the standard Business Events and Groups bookings process, and will not be subject to the guidelines above, but rather will be subject to our Entertainment Terms and Conditions to which reference must be made.
- Artists travelling on flights serviced by F100 or ATR aircraft the Music baggage allowance cannot be offered. If you expect to exceed the baggage allowance, you may pre-purchase additional baggage.
- Membership inquiries should be directed to the relevant industry organisation. Velocity Platinum and Gold Members and Business Class guests can request the music baggage allowance or the appropriate status baggage allowance.
- Should you require further assistance, please contact Virgin Australia Business Events and Groups on 13 67 00, between 0730 and 1700 EST, Monday to Friday.