Due to the impact of the further lock downs recently imposed by the Victorian State Government on business, the Government has announced a new one-off $5,000 grant to eligible businesses.
The return to Stay at Home restrictions mean that businesses within metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire such as restaurants, cafes, pubs, gyms, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, live music, entertainment venues and other businesses are either restricted in their operations or can no longer operate.
In order to qualify for the grant, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Operate a business with an address that’s located in one of the suburbs that are subject to the new Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions
- Be receiving Jobkeeper payments
- Employ people and be registered with Workcover on 30 June 2020
- Have annual payroll of less than $3 million in the 2019-20 financial year
- Be registered for GST on 30 June 2020
- Hold an ABN and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- Be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator – ASIC, Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC), Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) or if you are a sole trader without a business name an ABN registration is ok)
If you think that you may qualify, please visit Business Victoria