The NSW Government has announced a new voucher program for back to school expenses. Among the list of items you might expect (stationary, uniforms etc), musical instruments are specifically listed as an eligible expense and the ‘other’ retail ANZSIC that includes musical instrument retail is listed as an eligible business type. Several members have told us that the process is fairly quick and easy.
There will be 3 x $50 vouchers, totalling $150 for each eligible child.
- School uniforms, including:
- shoes and socks
- hats, and
- sports uniform and shoes.
- School equipment, including:
- school bags
- lunch boxes
- drink bottles
- umbrellas and/or raincoats
- necessary protective equipment (for students enrolled in specialised classes such as chemistry, who may require goggles or a lab coat), or
- tools or equipment specific to sports or other programs (for students participating in sports, art or musical classes, who may require sporting gear, art supplies or musical instruments).
- School-prescribed textbooks or other reading material.
- Lesson resources (such as art diaries, major work materials, elective subject resources)
- Other stationery, including but not limited to:
- exercise books
- coloured pencils/crayons
- pencil cases
- calculators, or
- geometry sets.
Eligible ANZSIC codes
|3736||Paper Product Wholesaling|
|4110||Supermarket and grocery stores|
|4259||Other personal accessory retailing (luggage/bags)|
|4244||Newspaper and book retailing|
|4272||Stationery goods retailing|
|4273||Antique and Used Goods Retailing|
|4279||Other store-based retailing n.e.c. (craft supplies, musical instruments)|
|9559||Other interest group services n.e.c. (P&C/NfP)|
|8023||Combined primary and secondary education|
|8024||Special school education|